to seek His Kingdom first

join me in my adventure in New York Youth With a Mission Cornerstone!!!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I skipped a week - patches of light



I skipped one week - not writing, not posting, not scribbling down stories and new revelations - simply because it seemed there was nothing to put down on a piece of paper - to mark the week as distinctive and worth the ink and trees.

It was a week of pressing in really hard to the choice of being patient, loving, kind in word and action, fixing eyes upon things unseen and hoped for. It was a week of constantly finding myself fail as I pressed in - and yet at the same time loved unconditionally. It was a week of grayish mornings, afternoons and evenings - with patches of light here and there. Sometimes very hard to spot, to recognize - To step into - no matter how small or weirdly shaped they were. There's always a patch of light to find.



It was a week of pining for a mountain top while sitting in a sandbox. To see further. To see more than the stretch of my own arm. Walking empty-handed and heavyhearted. wrong yoke. wrong burden (I have chosen).


 a song for a heavy heart (to become light)



I also want to take the opportunity and let you know about the upcoming Discipleship Training School I will be leading starting in the Fall, September 10.


cross – Cultural Discipleship Training School

Why New York City?   
New York has a gift to the world - the Gateway of Hope to every nation and tongue!

New York was and still is a doorway to liberty for millions of people. Engraved on the monument of the Statue of Liberty is the invitation “Give me your poor and your tired.” Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” The immigrants were given a gift of hope and freedom of religion – to seek True Life! God’s heart for New York is to be a gateway of hope for the salvation of millions from around the world! The mission field has come to New York City.

We are inviting people from every corner of the earth to come and join our Cross Cultural Discipleship Training School in the City of Nations!

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!”’ (Romans 10:14-15)



           






2 comments:

  1. i love that - pining for a mountain top while sitting in a sandbox. :)
    and thanks for sharing the song and patches of light.
    what are you doing until DTS in September?
    hugs from ukraine
    dasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) thank you Dasha
      thank you for reading and commenting and backing me up
      before DTS- preparing for DTS and whatever else shall be put into my lap...
      hugs from New York =)

      Delete