to seek His Kingdom first

join me in my adventure in New York Youth With a Mission Cornerstone!!!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Love is... a bag of bananas, broccoli and a slice of salmon




I have one amazing youth group! 

Many of you heard about my 'great love' for bananas. Yes- I do remember the first time I munched on that yellow goodness. I remember as if it was yesterday. My grandma bought me this new unseen, unknown yellow.... sausage... when I was about 6 years old - about the time when Lithuania got its independence back. From then on - bananas and I are like the stamp and a letter or a bird and a feather = we're together. 

But there is more to this banana story. Apparently my body tends to be short on potassium, which is not that great. I guess it was meant to be - since bananas are pretty high in the great need I have for potassium. 

Lately my body has been given me 'low potassium signals'. I wrote a quick message to some of my youth group people to pray for my health. 
Then the doorbell rings - and some of my youth groups grand people are standing with a bag of bananas, broccoli and salmon. They researched and brought their research results to my door ... in a bag. 



I am beyond grateful 

1 comment: