to seek His Kingdom first

join me in my adventure in New York Youth With a Mission Cornerstone!!!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

practical and slightly mind-boggling


For God so loved... 


I will start with the practical and less flabbergasting...

This week we have officially decided the frame-date for the upcoming Discipleship Training School in the Fall.It will start September 10 and will run till beginning of  February. I will be leading this DTS and I need your support - most and above all - your prayer support. I have mentioned several times that Youth With a Mission Cornerstone has been given a multi-ethnic vision and God has put on my heart to dig the soil of this dream. I am still the only non-Korean at the base - but every word that comes from God's mouth does not just drop to the ground - but completes it's will... it takes time, patience, commitment and hoping for the things unseen. The Fall DTS is planed to be an English-Multi-Ethnic Discipleship Training School and it would be the first one at this base.

Please, join me in this soil digging and dream His dream for YWAM Cornerstone together with me and the rest of the staff here in New York.

 

<--- these are some of the students from our current Arts and Design DTS!!!
Amazingly talented people - ready to see and participate in God's redemptive plan in the area of arts!



Continuing on to the second half of my more mind-boggling ponderings...

Colin Harbinson (http://www.colinharbinson.com/)
He has been actively involved in the area of arts for 40 years and is the author of an internationally acclaimed production Toymaker & Son that has been performed in 70 countries.



The topic for this week was The Art and the Kingdom of God.

Much of what the speaker shared was linked with the area of arts. However, his teaching is applicable not only in the area of art and life in general.
There were several areas that stood out for me as I listened... Some very good reminders!

Thought/Question number one: how far does salvation reach? Does it stop with the person - his soul and heart? Or is it global - meaning, is salvation meant to permeate culture and all that it contains? All of creation is groaning- waiting-anticipating completion. ALL creation - salvation does not end with my own personal flesh and heart. I am salt and I need to be used up to the last bit - spread and sprinkled into every crack and pit hole of my/our culture.

One day all -ALL... let me say it again - ALL of creation will be restored-redeemed-made whole-made complete-brought back to it's original intention - wow... isn't that just mind blowing - I would say so..!

New York - you are groaning - but remember- your redeemer is coming and He will come just in time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment