to seek His Kingdom first

join me in my adventure in New York Youth With a Mission Cornerstone!!!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

we run in the path of His commands

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14


We are continuing to go to Washington Square Park and Times Square on Tuesdays to worship, to pray, to seek Him, to be humbled by His love for the city, to cry out for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. 

God has truly set apart these two places for worship and we want to continue to be faithful to His heartbeat. Each time we come back, more of His presence flows down. It is a battle and He is victorious.  We even have people join our worship time at Washington Square Park! And just random people come by, smile at us, giving us thumbs up :) 

On Wednesday Yuho and I went to Tompkins Park in East Village. That morning I woke up at 6 am with a goal to cook up a storm- well, it was more of a baking storm! Banana bread and corn bread! So, the plan was to go there with all of the baked goods and hot tea and chocolate and set up a prayer station. By the way, the weather forecast said that heavy rain was suppose to fall both Tuesday and Wednesday...guess what... it did not rain until Wednesday evening, after we were finished with our time in Manhattan for the week! Thank You. Lord! Coming back to the Wednesday story...The corn and banana bread was gone in about 20 minutes, while giving out the food, I tried to converse with people in 4 different languages: Russian, English, Polish and Spanish (p.s. I can't really speak Spanish...or Polish..) people were hungry, but their hunger was more than just for food. After all the food disappeared we had people come to us for prayer. The day before, I felt that the Lord said that we don't have to ask people if they want prayer, but that He will bring those who need to be prayed for. People stopped and asked to pray for them. I even heard that one man (a recovering drug addict) was walking around the neighborhood asking God where he should go and God told him:" turn right..left...straight..left.." and all of a sudden he saw a banner that said "prayer station"! Thank You Lord!  To make a long story short...God just wanted to love on people and He did :) 

Please keep us in your prayers as we go to Manhattan again next week...
Have a great- joy filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment