to seek His Kingdom first

join me in my adventure in New York Youth With a Mission Cornerstone!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

shrinking is forbidden

Just like any other week, we went to Manhattan this Tuesday and Wednesday.

Today:

  • (surface) goal was to go to Fort Washington area with peanut butter cookies and hot tea and set up a prayer station. Yep- we build prayer stations out of peanut butter cookies- homemade, handmade.
  • means - Hebrews 10:39 and John 21:17
  • obstacles - rain...haha...a lot of rain...no parking space and more rain. 
  • real goal - put a smile on God's face, practicing 1 Corinthians 13

the day began at 6 am. first my knees are in action on the floor of our basement. only then my hands start stirring the cookie dough. i gotta tell you, it's good workout- creaming butter and peanut butter. 

rain..rain..rain...rain... gray gray gray gray....

i look out the window and hear God saying " how much more do you need to go on days such as this.." "Yes Lord"... because  we're not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We'll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way...all the way. "Do you love me?" "Yes...Lord.." 

I pack the first batch of cookies in a nice pink box with a ribbon and the other batch into a container. hot water, tea, spoons, sugar. 

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain..gray gray gray gray gray....

"Do you love me?" ..."Yes Lord..."

it takes more than an hour to get to the upper Manhattan. where do we set up the prayer station? circling and circling. no parking space. 

"Do you love me?" "Yes Lord.." 

rain calms down. 

"Do you love me?" "Yes Lord.." 

parking space. 

"Do you love me?" "Yes Lord.." 

prayer station set up. 

when you get to the end of this I want to ask you to say a prayer for one person. Andrei (hope I spelled it right). for God's love and truth and for his mom who had 5 respiratory arrests. 


2 comments:

  1. Father thank you for your passion. Thank you for the way you love Andrei. Bless him. Bless him now. Meet him. Overwhelm his defenses. Then do your work, Father, in his mother's life. Protect her breathing. Give them reasons beyond their understanding so they will be warmed, enlightened, and wanting to praise you. Then transform them according to your wonderful and perfect will. Jesus, you love Andrei and his mother. Thank you! Thank you that we can pray in your name, by your authority. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

    Pray also for Travis and his mother here in Cokato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you... :)
    I will be keeping Travis and his mom in my prayers

    ReplyDelete