to seek His Kingdom first

join me in my adventure in New York Youth With a Mission Cornerstone!!!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Love is...

and God said.."don't eat this food, because there is someone who is why more hungry than you are..." 


usually we have packed lunch when we go out into Manhattan. That morning I heard Him say that I should not eat the packed lunch because it is meant for someone else. So when we came to Washington Square Park I started looking for that person. I spotted several, but God kept on repeating that He will bring that person and I don't need to look...Okay. I kept the food in the bag and we started worship. Several minutes later I turned my head and I saw a guy approaching our group and sitting down on the bench next to us. God said " this is the one" .Wow- He had a specific man in mind, in His heart. He knew him. He wanted to feed him.  the guy did tell me that he was desperately looking for food. later when i shared this with the whole group, Lily said that she noticed this young man before our worship time, at the other end of the park. He was trying to look for food in the garbage bins, but he was harshly chased away by the cleaning people. 


Love is... God telling me not to eat the packed lunch, because He wants to feed someone (specific), who is way more hungry than I am...


Wednesday, Yuho, Joy and I went to Tompkins Square Park. We set up a prayer station, took out the corn bread and tea; and waited for God to love on people. Quite a few people stopped for prayer and many enjoyed the corn bread with tea :) 


Last week I spoke with a couple of drunk men.  One of them is Victor. I saw him this week again. I noticed him from afar. I smiled at him as he passed by, he smiled back...but I know that he did not remember me because the last time we spoke...he was quite drunk. As I saw him walk away, God tugged on my heart saying that he will come back. I saw him as he crossed the street..then digging in the garbage bins, desperately looking for something. He came back. I smiled at him again and he said that my smile was the best thing that day (he said that with a great sincerity...). He was having withdrawals all day. He had no money and his body was demanding for alcohol. When I asked him if he wants to quite, his answer was "no..." but his eyes were crying out for freedom... 


Love is... God breaking my heart for this one man, who, in the eyes of this world is nothing but a drunkard. I think of him every day. I pray for him. I cannot not think of him. He is on His mind. 


Please pray for Victor.


Love is...


If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

   Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment